Build professional desktop applications with Python
Or check the complete package
- Compatible with Python 2.7 & 3.5+
- 2x complete example apps (Web Browser + Minesweeper)
- All code free to reuse licensed MIT/BSD
- Includes PDF, EPub and Kindle formats
- 30 day money back guarantee
What readers are saying
Good start, looking forward to updates covering more advanced topics such as interacting with databases and APIs
I bought your book because I wanted a simple way to create native applications, and I was not disappointed.
Great book, really got me started making Python GUIs!
What you'll learn
Start building desktop applications right away
- Installing PyQt (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Creating a Qt Application
- Signals, Action, Widgets, Layouts, Dialogs
- Designing apps with Qt Creator
- Multithreading Qt applications
- Packaging applications.
From basics to professional apps
Starting from the very basics of creating a desktop window the book takes you on a tour of the key features of PyQt you can use to build real-life applications.
All source code included and free to reuse in your own projects.
Hands on, focused on results
This book is focused on giving you what you need to build your own apps.
Less tedious reproductions of documentation, more practical reusable examples which you can use to create real applications.
Sample pages from the chapters "Basic Qt Features", "Qt Creator" and the Minesweeper demo application.
The Complete Package
Book & Video Course
Learn better when you can watch what is supposed to happen? You're not alone! That's why we have videos to back up much of the core tutorials.
- Get the book and 2 ½ hour video tutorials
- Lifetime access to new content updated regularly
- Mix and match video and tutorials to suit your needs.
- Hands-on tutorials with the skills you've learnt.
How will I get my purchase?
After completing your purchase you'll receive an email with a link to get your files and course. Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Which package should I buy?
It depends on your budget. The biggest package has everything I think you'll need. But even the smallest pack has enough to get your teeth into.
What if I don't like it?
If you decide that it is not for you, just reply to the purchase receipt email within 30 days and I'll issue you with a refund. If you could tell me why, that would be great too but it's not necessary.
I have other questions
If you still have questions just drop me an email.